Data ProcessorsWe share subject/user data with the following companies, providing service: Stripe Payments Europe Limited, TECHSERIO Sp. z o.o.
How we collect dataWe collect data from:
- Customer registration (typed in by the data subject/user)
- Service usage logs
Types of data (some is optional):
- Email addresses
- First and Last names
- Preferred currency
- Phone number
- IP addresses used to access FarSnap servers and services
How we use dataWe use data for:
- Enabling users to subscribe to our services
- Enabling users to pay for subscriptions, using payment gateways, and generate invoices/receipts
- Following international VAT laws for online services
- Fraud prevention
- Protecting the FarSnap service against disruptive actions and behavior
- Marketing campaigns (only with the users consent)
How we disclose dataWe don’t directly disclose data to anyone, unless by legal requirement.
How we store dataThe data is stored within the EU on our own servers, and we don’t remove accounts and the data the users have entered themselves, unless they ask for it. Some service specific data (like IP addresses) may be temporarily stored, or logged, on leased servers in other countries, and is removed within 31 days.
The data subject’s rightsThe data subject, or the user has the right to:
- Access the data. (Get a copy of the data)
- Object against the data (Ask for the data to be corrected)
- Be forgotten (or ask for the data to be deleted).
- If the data subject/user has engaged in economic transactions with FarSnap (like paid for a subscription), FarSnap will have to comply with the laws regarding keeping records of economic transactions, normally for 5 years, after which the data can be deleted.
- Data documenting disruptive behavior, such as DDOS attacks or trying to gain unlawful access to FarSnap infrastructure or other data subjects/users data, to ensure the stability of the FarSnap infrastructure and to protect other data subjects rights. We generally treat this kind of information as legitimate interest (This may include IP-address bans / filters as an example)
How to complainIn the event that the data subject has objections about how FarSnap handles their data, please contact us first to determine if the matter can be resolved easily and in good faith.
If a situation would arise where the data subject/user feels they cannot reach any agreement with FarSnap regarding their data, the relevant supervisory authority is available for contact here:
Office of the President for Personal Data Protection:
Urzad Ochrony Danych Osobowych
phone: +48 22 531 03 00
fax: +48 22 531 03 01
ContactIn matters regarding GDPR, the data subjects/users personal data please contact:
phone: +48 733 300 949